Saturday, September 4, 2021

Demonstrative Pronouns to Grade One

 

Class One                                      Subject: English                              Date: 1st September

Topic: Demonstrative Pronoun

 I taught Demonstrative Pronouns (This, That, These, and Those ) and the usage to class one children on 1st September. Owing to the National lock down the children didn’t get the opportunity to learn these in class PP last year. It has made the children confused in using the words. As a means to make them confident in these words, I planned and taught them. I have integrated my lesson with a video prepared by VTOB to enhance my lesson and make their learning joyful.

Firstly, I introduced these words with the help of classroom objects. I asked them the questions such as:

1. What is this? ( by holding a pencil)

2. What is that? ( by pointing to a pencil that is farther away)

3. What are these? (by holding eight pencils)

4. What are those? (by pointing at eight pencils that are farther away)

Modeled the answer as I could see many children struggling to respond correctly. Children were made to repeat loudly by saying:

1. This is a pencil.

2. That is a pencil.

3. These are pencils.

4. Those are pencils.








Secondly, I showed a video clip on “Demonstrative Pronoun” prepared by voluntary teachers which were aired through BBS last year. (https://youtu.be/yEmNYRnzs4Y)                         


                   





                   


 I prompted the children to watch the video by pointing to the words when the teacher was teaching the concept. Children actively interacted with the video as they loved and enjoyed watching a Bhutanese teacher teaching the same lesson.

I am satisfied with the lesson as I could see and feel their positive interaction with the activity.

 














No comments:

Post a Comment

   Topic: Picture Description          Subject: English             Class: One                                       Firstly. I used PPT...