Wednesday, September 29, 2021

 

Class I English                           Topic: Listening Activity                         Date: 29th September

 Today I have conducted a listening activity for class one. Firstly, I provided the instructions. Secondly, I played the audio of the story “Mask” without the video. The clip is a famous animation that is loved and enjoyed by children of all ages. I purposely chose this audio as it has a rich vocabulary. The language spoken is appropriate for our Bhutanese classroom. It is a story of Peppa Pig learning to make a face mask.



Initially, I observed children not listening attentively. As soon as they heard Peppa’s voice, they became very attentive. I was surprised to see t children recognizing the pig’s voice even though there was no visual which specifically indicates that they have been watching Peppa Pig’s show

 



Finally, I made the children show their understanding of the story through drawings. Their drawings made me realize how little they comprehended the story as many of them could only draw one pig and a mask. Henceforth, I should use both visuals with audio for lower primary for better comprehension.













No comments:

Post a Comment

   Topic: Picture Description          Subject: English             Class: One                                       Firstly. I used PPT...