Monday, October 25, 2021

 Topic: Child Abuse                            Chapter 9: People and the Society                   Class Five

 

Child abuse is defined as the ill-treatment of a child by parents, caregivers, and others. Some forms of child abuse are hurting the child’s feelings, hitting, threatening, touching body parts, or forcing the child for sexual activities.


I started the lesson with their prior knowledge on the term “good” and “bad”. Many were able to share the emotions they feel when they look at these words. It indicated to me that the children had ideas related to these terms.









I flashed out the clip suggested in the NNC Instructional Guide of Class V Social Studies (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx9ON15inv0) and made the children watch.












Initially, I could sense children feeling uncomfortable watching the clip together, and gradually they accepted the fact and got ease.


After the clip, they listed two good touches and bad touches.





.                                                                     Sample Work


Finally, we discussed how touches are good or bad. I am extremely satisfied as the children were able to take away the core message from the clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

   Topic: Picture Description          Subject: English             Class: One                                       Firstly. I used PPT...