Friday, November 19, 2021

  

Topic: Picture Description          Subject: English             Class: One

                                     

Firstly. I used PPT slides to revise the words.  The words particularly would benefit the children in describing the pictures. I saw children eagerly gazing at the slides when each word floated on the projector. It was the first time children were been taught with PPT slides. I saw children’s excitement through their expressions.




 Secondly, I projected a picture and prompted questions to make the children predict. Subsequently, I made the children describe the picture with three sentences in their notebooks.  The sharing of their description was done through popcorn strategy.




Thirdly, I instructed the children to imagine a scene they would do if they were present in the picture.  Honestly, I had to reiterate the question in Dzongkha. It consumed time for them to create their scene.

Finally, I instructed them to draw their scene. The drawing of a scene exhibited how creative the children can be. All of them were excited to share the picture with me.



Since the description on the first picture wasn't as per my expectation, I projected another picture and provided the same instructions. The second activity took less time to complete and, the children performed explicitly well.










                                                 Sample work of children





No comments:

Post a Comment

   Topic: Picture Description          Subject: English             Class: One                                       Firstly. I used PPT...